Kamco Supply Corp. of Boston
Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
- Personal Information. This is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, payment information or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
- Other Information. Other Information is information that, by itself, does not individually identify you, such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage. We may link together different types of Other Information or link Other Information to Personal Information.
Individuals may interact with Kamco Boston in ways that require Kamco Boston to gather Personal Information. The amount and type of information that Kamco Boston gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, Kamco Boston may request that visitors who utilize Resources provide a username and email address, plus such other information as Kamco Boston may believe useful, including financial or other information, depending on the nature of the transaction contemplated. In each case, Kamco Boston collects such information only insofar as is legal and appropriate. If you do not wish for Kamco Boston to collect any information about you, you can simply not utilize any of the Resources or otherwise supply Personal Information. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from using certain Resources or engaging in certain activities on an Electronic Platform.
Like most website and application operators, Kamco Boston collects non-Personal Information of the sort that web browsers, applications and servers typically make available to operators, like the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Kamco Boston may use this information for a number of purposes including, for example, to better understand how Kamco Boston’s visitors use its website. The purposes for collecting and using this data may change from time to time at Kamco Boston’s discretion, and Kamco Boston may release non-Personal Information in the aggregate. By utilizing any of the Resources, you agree to such use.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information and Other Information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, an Electronic Platform may require you to create an account or a user name and password, or if you utilize any other Resources, we may ask for Personal Information.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Services. We may collect information about the Resources that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. Kamco Boston may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
- Log information. When you use an Electronic Platform or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
- Details of how you used our Resources.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Electronic Platforms may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Kamco Boston when you install or uninstall an application or utilize that Electronic Platform or when that Resource periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit an Electronic Platform as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We take your privacy seriously. We use the information that we collect about you to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services and products that Kamco Boston provides to you. We do not sell your information to any third parties and only use it for legitimate business purposes.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes, or may use it for these purposes in the future:
- To respond to questions that you may have.
- To provide products or services you request.
- If you submit a resume to work at Kamco Boston, we may use it for hiring decisions and retain the resume or information in it for our own records or in order to contact you later.
- To inform you of updates regarding Kamco Boston or services or products that may be of interest to you.
- To provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Resources.
- To manage your participation in events and other promotions where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Electronic Platforms including mobile applications and social media assets.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- To improve our customer service.
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Resources.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Information We Collect
As part of the use of your information for the above purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to our vendors and other contractors who perform various functions on our behalf. We require these third parties to agree in writing to safeguard your Personal Information against improper disclosure and in accordance with the law.
If Kamco Boston or any of our affiliates is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset sale, joint venture or other, similar transaction, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any Personal Information.
We also may provide information about you to other third parties with your consent or for one of the purposes above, e.g., following a subpoena or other legal process or to a regulatory agency in order to protect against fraud or investigate a criminal or civil matter or when Kamco Boston believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect Kamco Boston’s rights and interests, third parties, or the public at large.
How We Protect Your Information
Kamco Boston discloses Personal Information to those of its employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on Kamco Boston’s behalf or to provide services. Some of those employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your state. By using the Resources or providing us information, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Kamco Boston will not rent or sell potential Personal Information to anyone.
If you are a registered user of one or more Resources or have supplied your email address, you agree that in addition to any Resources you may have solicited or requested, Kamco Boston may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on Kamco Boston and its products. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the "Contact Us" section below, and we will honor your request.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of Personal Information that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
Kamco Boston undertakes commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, which efforts you agree are sufficient, adequate and complete. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
- Social Media Accounts. Kamco Boston maintains various social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Please note that comments and information that you leave in such settings are likely to be broadly visible and may not be controlled by Kamco Boston. We are therefore not responsible for any information or messages you leave in such settings or for how such information may be used by others.
- Accessing and updating your Personal Information. If you provide us with information or create an account in order to access or receive Resources, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You acknowledge and agree that Kamco Boston has no duty or obligation to respond to or save user comments.
Third Party Links
The Electronic Platforms may contain links to webpages or tools operated by parties other than Kamco Boston. We do not control such websites or tools and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites or service providers. Our inclusion of links to an outside website or tool does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or tools or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from an Electronic Platform or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon accessing the third party’s website. We strongly recommend you review the third party’s terms and policies.
The Electronic Platforms are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, however. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section.
Attn: Michael J. Odiorne - CFO
181 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801